Friday, March 28, 2014

No internet connection in Southwark Council's John Harvard Library while all around me surf without difficulty

(Click to enlarge)
I continue to have a nightmare accessing the internet in my local library, Southwark Council's John Harvard Library (see, for example, blog of 18 February, "My first day as an employee of N4CM: No Internet access"). Some days I actually get no work done at all, even though I see people all around me surfing and watching videos on YouTube with no problem whatsoever. As this screenshot from yesterday shows, there was no YouTube for me:
Click to enlarge
I still can't download a backup I did almost two weeks ago of the Church and State website:
Click to enlarge
And I continue to need to arm myself with great patience while I wait for a page to load:
Click to enlarge
Often I wait in vain!
Click to enlarge
It's not that I am surprised, especially since Declan and I have been dealing with the ability to cut off and compromise our communications for years now. Actually, I would have liked to have seen the face of Guardian journalist Ewen MacAskill when he was told by Edward Snowden to put his iPhone in another room ... in the freezer!