Thursday, December 16, 2010

NAC is removed from the Internet for the fourth time

Click to enlarge


Our new web host, Just Host, notified us this evening that they were pulling the NAC website down. They didn't even provide us with notice - within seconds of an email from them, the site was gone. Fortunately I had everything backed up just before we came down because I noticed we had an article that was going viral (a NAC first) and I told Declan we may very well lose the site, for the fourth time (I would say see NAC "About", but I can't). Their explanation: "Your account is utilizing an excessive amount of system resources". Really? Last month we had 18,819 visits; so far this month, 9,939 visits. And where was the notice that I may have needed to save all my work? We had actually paid Just Host to host the NAC website through to 2015.

Click to enlarge


This is the article by Prof Steve Hochstadt that was going viral:

Click to enlarge


We were thrilled to learn that WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, has been freed on bail. For us, his understanding of his situation in the face of hostile examination (and total disregard for the dictates of procedural fairness) has always been more than impressive. How about this for a performance tonight after 10 days of solitary confinement in London's Victorian Wandsworth Prison: